Beginner Programs: week and year long options
Beginning Herbal Apprenticeship - Intensive Week Program
Sunday, July 22 - Saturday, July 28, 9am - 8:30pm, supper included
We'll begin Sunday after lunch and be together until Saturday at 5pm. We'll have two or three guest herbal teachers (still to be revealed, as we're still working out details!) and a catered dinner from a local establishment (also still to be revealed!) Lunch will be bring your own or go out on the town!
What you will come away with:
* understanding of the six tissue states and six tastes
* medicine making experience with fresh plants!
* systems of plant family identification in the garden and wild
* knowledge of herbs to support the digestive, respiratory, nervous, circulatory, reproductive and immune systems
* experience of the sacred through sitting with the plants, journeying to the spirit of the plants, and Fulll Moon fire circle work
hands-on goodies you'll bring home:
* a tea, tincture, vinegar, oil, salve, syrup, flower essence and smudge bundle
We'll gather in a yurt in Portland - accessible by the #4 bus line
The cost is $1100 for the week with a $200 deposit to hold your space.
There is availability for nine people to join circle, babes-in-arms welcome!
Beginning Herbal Apprenticeship - Year Long: September 2018 - June 2019
A wonderful gathering together and commitment to deepening our connection with the plants.
Together we will explore:
* making tinctures, oils, salves, infusions, decoctions and flower essences
* tastes of the plants and actions they impart in the body
* systems of the body and how to strengthen them with plant medicine
* herbal formulation and plant identification
* spiritual relationship with the plants through journeying and dreaming
Our apprenticeship will hold the container for our discoveries.
Classes are held on Wednesdays, one day per month for ten months, from 9:00am to 3:30pm, September 2018 through June 2019.
Sept 19, Oct 10, Nov 7, Dec 5, Jan 2, Feb 6, March 6, April 3, May 1, June 5
The location is in a beautiful yurt in Portland, accessible by the #4 bus line, walking distance to the Fore River.
The maximum number of students is 9. Babes in arms are welcome!
Students 16 years of age and older are welcome!
The cost of the full apprenticeship is sliding scale $950 - $1200. A $200 deposit holds your place.
Please contact Mischa with an email of interest, describing what you hope to learn about yourself and the plants during our time together.
Very much looking forward to hearing from you!