Mischa Schuler is an herbal practitioner and medicine maker offering herbal consultations in Portland, Maine in her private practice Wild Carrot Herbs. She has a zest for Life and a playful, caring attitude, which she brings to her practice. She specializes in anxiety support, as well as women's thyroid and reproductive health and children's digestive, respiratory and skin health. Her herbal studies have been through apprenticeship with Deb Soule of Avena Botanicals, in Rockport, Maine and clinically at the Tai Sophia Insitute in Laurel, Maryland where she earned a Master of Science degree in Herbal Medicine during a three year course of clinical study. Mischa offers herbal apprenticeship programs and classes locally. Her herbal apothecary on State Street is stocked with powders, tinctures and teas, which she formulates specifically to individual needs with the intention of healing the vitality of underlying tissues so that acute and chronic conditions resolve without recurrence. Her greatest teachers are the plants and she feels tremendous gratitude that she is able to share their gifts through teaching, gardening, and in consultation with extraordinary people.
Kind words from beautiful women in my practice:
"Mischa, such a joy to meet you! I absolutely love this tea. Thank you for your time and your heart and your expertise. You are such an inspiration." ~M.
"Mischa has been nothing but kind, caring and knowledgeable while helping me through a recent illness. She is passionate not only about her work but also with her patients! Also, she makes the tincture/herbal teas in front of you and teaches you what each thing will help towards. So cool and informative! Thank you." ~A.
"Where do I even begin? THANK YOU! You have been crucial to this time in my life. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for you." ~P.
Mischa has facilitated for the following organizations and events:
- Birth and Breastfeeding Conference, B.E.S.T. Connect, Portland, ME
- Boston Association for Childbirth Education (BACE), Boston, MA
- Boston School of Herbal Studies, Arlington, MA
- Cambridge Center for Adult Education, (CCAE) Cambridge, MA
- Common Ground Fair, Unity, ME
- Civil Liberties and Public Policy: Abortion Rights to Social Justice Conference, Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
- Farmacy Herbs, Providence, RI
- Herbstalk, Somerville, MA
- Massachusetts Midwives Alliance, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Multi –service Eating Disorders Association National Conference (MEDA), Newton, MA
- New England Women’s Herbal Conference, Peterborough, NH
- Northeast Grassroots Community Herbal Convergence, RI and MA
- Northeast Permaculture Convergence, Unity, ME
- Maine Organic Farmer’s and Growers’ Association Farm and Homestead Day, Unity, ME
- Maine Women's Network, Yarmouth, ME
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS), Boston, MA
- Partners in Perinatal Health Conference, MA
- Portland Adult Education, Portland, ME
- Richmond and Region Community Learning Center, Richmond, QC, Canada
- University of New England (UNE), Portland, ME
- Vermont Center for Integrative Herbalism (VCIH), Montpelier, VT